Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Moment to Reflect

Much of what we currently discuss in my courses at CSUDH revolve around privilege. It reminds me of what I thought was a privilege during my early childhood. My folks couldn't afford certain luxuries for us once my father suffered the plight of unemployment. When my mother would take us along for a quick trip to the mall, I would always want to walk in the KB Toys store. I believe they no longer exist. For me, it was a privilege just to walk inside and look at the newest and greatest toys for that season. I don't and didn't hold any anger towards my folks because (even then) I understood that they did their best with the means that were available to them. Still, I find that I somewhat treasure these moments. The experience of going out as a family and being together outweighed the desire to have the newest toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment